Saturday, March 1, 2014

When Does it Get Better?

Seriously - and I hate to be a whiner, but this is going to be a whiny post.

so I was cleared to return to work. and my company eliminated my position.

i'm not eligible for unemployment, because i was approved for SSDI, which I haven't even received yet.

so ok, now i'm looking for a new job. with super short hair, and all of that. in between doctor appointments.

find what sounds like a great opportunity. have a first interview. it goes well. have a second interview. it goes well. scheduled for a third interview.... and i'm thinking i got this one.

they didn't get the funding for the position. interview is cancelled. job no longer exists.

meanwhile, to offset the effects of the chemo, they give me a shot of neulasta, to force my bone marrow to make more white cells. ok, i'm ready for this. take clariton, take tylenol, it'll be ok.

wrong.

every possible rare and hardly ever happens side effect? i got.

i was sick as a dog for 10 days straight.

ok, we get past that. it's snowing today... not a whole lot, but snowing.. this IS wisconsin, after all.

my daughter had an accident on the way to her job. the city hasn't plowed the streets, and going down a hill, she lost traction.

it LOOKS like she's ok, but we'll probably end up in the ER to get her checked out - but meanwhile, she's stuck waiting for the city police to show up.

whoever said that g*d doesn't give you more than you can handle? lied.

this is more than i can handle.

end of whining.

No comments: