Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Progress ...

well, i survived. surgery was yesterday morning, though it was late afternoon before they let me come home - apparently i don't so anesthesia as well as i used to.

pain pills, on the other hand, are a wonderful thing - even though i break them in half!

so today, not even 24 hours later, i managed to knit 1-1/2 rows of the second sleeve (you know you're a craftster when ....), then i got my arm out of the sling, did my passive pendulum exercises (lean on a table and swing your whole body till it gets the arm moving in circles) - and then even managed to get my arm through a sleeve so the sling is on the outside, instead of under my sweatshirt.

probably a whole lot more than any of you cared to know, sorry bout that. this is my affirmation that things WILL be ok.

to my wonderful friends who sent text messages, PMs and other assorted good wishes, i thank you all. hopefully each day will be a bit better!

3 comments:

Samsara said...

Glad to hear things went well - I remember the pendulum exercises :-) Don't push yourself though and take plenty of time to let things heal

Unknown said...

Take it EASY Dulc' and look after yourself xx

Nautical Knitter said...

Dulcinea,

My name is DK, really...LOL!
I am so glad to see that you are doing so well after the surgery. I wish I could have been online this past week to wish you well before you went in. Anyway, I am so glad to read that you are doing so well!

Fair Winds